Will you trust Him?

One of the biggest messages I have gotten this year from the Lord has to do with trust.  If anyone knows me they know that trust is the one of the hardest things for me to do.  We all have a story and a lot of mine has to deal with lies, betrayal and a lot of heart ache.  No matter what was thrown at me in life I always seemed to love more that I probably should and I always gave more chances than  I probably should.  So to trust anyone fully was/is a very hard thing for me to do because that fear of getting hurt again is overwhelming even when it comes/came to trusting God fully.

2014 started off with a vengeance for me, anything and everything was attacked within a weeks time and my world seemed like it was truly crashing in and like most people all I could do is cuddle up on the couch and weep and pray.  Then one day I saw something that changed my mind set, as I was scrolling through Facebook I saw something on praising God through your storm and at that moment things changed for me.  I was either going to let life destroy me or I was going to take life by the horns and push forward.  That's when I took my life back and decided God was in control and I was going to trust God.

It says in John 10:10:

 " The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy. I came that they may have life and have it abundantly." 


I have never given up without a fight, so to me this was a challenge and I have always loved a good challenge.  I wasn't going to let the enemy hold me down anymore, so from that moment on I just started praising, singing and even dancing.  I chose to forgive and love those who hurt me so I could continue to move forward with my life.  For the first time I felt like I had purpose, for the first time in 35 years I finally loved myself and knew what I was worth, for the first time  I wanted to live and live life to the fullest.  I wanted to see what I was made of and not blindly.  I wanted to see things clearly; the good, bad and the ugly, so I knew what I needed to change in my life.  

The only way I could become this person and change the things I needed to change, and I still need to change was to trust God fully and to stop complaining about what I was going through.  I learned that when we complain and hold on to the negative we are not only keeping ourselves in an area of unforgiveness, but we are giving glory to the enemy and if I was going to trust God I wanted all glory to go to Him.  It is easy to praise God when the sun is shining, but He wants to know if we can praise Him through our darkest moments in life, or what we may feel is our darkest moment at that time.  He wants to know that we will trust Him enough to know that He is always there, even if we don't feel Him, and will walk us through the storms of life.

Everyday is a struggle for me, but I can hear the spirit of God whispering to me "Don't give up!" and I am not and I won't give up, not this time.  Forgiveness isn't easy, change isn't easy and living under certain expectations because you are a follower of Christ isn't easy, however, it is doable.  I go through my moments of detaching myself from the world and as hard as it is, still try to praise God through it.  God never said following Him would be easy.  He just said He would never leave you nor forsake you.  So, my question to you is:  Will you trust Him?


"Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding;  in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight."
                                                                                      Proverbs 3:5-6







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Broken Road

Unmasked By Truth

The Path Less Chosen