Called To Testify

John 21:15-17

New International Version (NIV)

Jesus Reinstates Peter

15 When they had finished eating, Jesus said to Simon Peter, “Simon son of John, do you love me more than these?”
“Yes, Lord,” he said, “you know that I love you.”
Jesus said, “Feed my lambs.”
16 Again Jesus said, “Simon son of John, do you love me?”
He answered, “Yes, Lord, you know that I love you.”
Jesus said, “Take care of my sheep.”
17 The third time he said to him, “Simon son of John, do you love me?”
Peter was hurt because Jesus asked him the third time, “Do you love me?” He said, “Lord, you know all things; you know that I love you.”
Jesus said, “Feed my sheep.


Many times we don't understand what God is doing in our lives and because we don't we become frustrated and walk away.  Throughout my life, my walk, my journey, whatever you would like to call it, I have done that many times. I never knew what God was doing or what He had already done until years later when people He had placed in my path would come to me and thank me for sharing the gospel with them.

 Just like Jesus called His disciples and just like Jesus was telling Peter in the scripture above we too are called  to be testimonies to the world.  Not just by what we say, but how we present ourselves.  We can't just talk it and we should never force our beliefs on someone else, but we do need to walk it.  We need to be an example the world can see, we need to allow God's light to shine and no matter what we face we need to trust that God is in control of every aspect of our lives.

Many people will come and go out of our lives, but know they are placed in our lives for a reason.  Maybe it's even to open our eyes.  We should never worry about being ourselves or worry about what we are going to say to others.  God will give us the words to say and the right moment to present them.  He will never fail you nor forsake you.  All you have to do is trust Him and He will guide you always.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Broken Road

Unmasked By Truth

The Path Less Chosen