Endless Hope

Hope is being able to see that there is light despite all the darkness."

Desmond Tutu


We all know times are hard and this economy, well sucks.  When everything is falling down around us it's hard to have faith,  much less hope.


"Therefore, having been justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ, through whom also we have obtained our introduction by faith into this grace in which we stand; and we exult in hope of the glory of God. And not only this, but we also exult in our tribulations, knowing that tribulation brings about perseverance; and perseverance, proven character; and proven character, hope; and hope does not disappoint, because the love of God has been poured out within our hearts through the Holy Spirit who was given to us."

Romans 5:1-5



In order to have hope, you must first have faith.  In order to have faith, you must first be able to fully trust in God.

I have always believed in God, but trusting Him has been a difficult walk for me, as many of you already know.  Just about everyone I was suppose to be able to trust has proven to me that I couldn't.  So, faith and hope that my situations would turn around was dim. I began to believe my husband when he said hope was...well you know...sooooo,  I took matter into my own hands.  I tried to repair or fix the situations I created and made them much worse than what they were to begin with.  Especially in the trial I am in now.

I have shamefully battled to even trust God within the recent months, yet I know His power and grace.  I know what He has already done.  I know what He can do, but instead of trusting Him, once again I made things worse.

When I took my eyes off God again and started handling things myself, everything began to crumbling again.  Being the only believer in the house has been a difficult task.  I needed to get back on track.  I needed to trust God.  I needed to have faith and hope that God would and could move in this mess I created.  So, I started by standing on God's promises and I began to pray harder than ever before.



"Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer."

Romans 12:12

My faith and hope has since returned and God has placed many people in my life to help me along the way.  They are not only praying for me and standing with me, but they are helping me to stay on my path.

I still struggle daily.  This has probably been the most difficult trial I have been through and even though many things haven't changed (or at least the things my impatient behind wants to see changed) yet, my heart has been joyful and I can't even understand why.  All I know is that the Lord has His hand on me and my family.

You may feel hopeless, but I assure you God is working on your behalf, even if you don't see it.  Continue to pray.  Continue to have faith. Stand firm on God's promises. Know that you are not alone.  Allow the Lord to guide your path and fill you with everlasting joy.   He is the source of our lives and endless hope.  

Here are a few promises that you can look up:

Matthew 6:33

Healing:

Isaiah 53:5
Jeremiah 30:17

Financial:

Malachi 3:8-10

Provider:

Philippians 4:19

Restoration in marriage:

I Corinthians 7:12-17
1 Peter 3:1-2

Family's salvation:

Psalm 103:17
Proverbs 22:6


"Now may the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, so that you will abound in hope by the power of the Holy Spirit."

Romans 15:13



Music Video:  Hope in Front of Me by Danny Gokey


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Broken Road

Unmasked By Truth

The Path Less Chosen