O Ye Of Little Faith!

"Faith is taking the first step even when you don't see the whole staircase."

Martin Luther King, Jr.


Taking a leap of faith is sometimes hard, especially in a world that is crumbling around you. Everywhere I turn these days I see turmoil, heartache, and even sadness.  I see believers and lost souls searching for answers, not realizing that our Heavenly Father is in the midst and standing right next to them waiting for us all to ask for help.

"Do not let your heart be troubled; believe in God, believe in also Me."

John 14:1 NASB

I recall so many times giving up because what I was going through was too hard/difficult for me to get through.  I felt tired, weak and alone.  Do you want to know a secret?  I still feel that way at times.  However, the one thing that changed was knowing when to call on God to help my troubled heart.

We all tell God, and everyone else for that matter, our problems.  Heck, Facebook has become the platform for most of them!  But have you ever tried just going to your Heavenly Father and just laying it down and refusing to pick your problems back up.  

I know I haven't and until recently I didn't know how crucial that was.  I like to fix things, but the more we try to fix things sometimes, the worse we make the problem we are facing. 

"When He got into the boat, His disciples followed Him. And behold, there arose a great storm on the sea, so that the boat was being covered with the waves; but Jesus Himself was asleep.  And they came to Him and woke Him, saying "Save us, Lord;  we are perishing!" He said to them, "why are you afraid, you men of little faith?"  Then He got up and rebuked the winds and the sea, and  it became perfectly calm.  The men were amazed, and said, "What kind of a man is this, that even the winds and the sea obey Him?" '

Matthew 8:23-27

Warning: I am about to speak boldly and if you are offended then maybe you need to reevaluate something in your life and your walk with Christ. Know that I am not judging you, nor am I just speaking to you, but I am speaking to myself as well!

So, here we go...We as followers of Christ lack so much faith these days!  If we are offended; if we have a complaint; if someone wronged us instead of taking it to the Lord and leaving it with Him we take it to Facebook or we call a friend!  

Where did our faith go?  When did we stop trusting God?  When did we stop praying for others?

We should be praying through our circumstances!  We should be praying for those who wronged us!  And if we have an ought with our brother, we should take it to him (Matthew 5:22-23)!   

 We have become selfish instead of giving.  Hateful instead of loving.  Hurtful instead of comforting.  We all lack faith and it is vital to our walk with Christ.  

I will fully admit this day that faith, trust and patience are difficult for me as I am sure it is for many of you.  I have hurt those closest to me because I tried to fix something God needed to take control over.  Sometimes I even allow fear to get in the way, but then God tames my rebel butt, reminds me and says "It's going to be OK, trust Me.  Don't give up!"  That's when I remember "you men of little faith."

We will continue after this video by Isreal and New Bread.  This is a song that helps me in my darkest times called It's Not Over:



Faith, trust and patience go hand in hand.  It is one of the hardest things to do, especially when you have been hurt, betrayed or let down.  It will take time, even the disciple Thomas doubted once in the bible (John 20:24-29).  However, by standing in faith and praying for and  with one another;  instead of allowing division to come in,  we can all get through this.

Our Heavenly Father has never left you nor will He forsake you (Deuteronomy 31:8).  Even when you feel like He has abandoned you in your darkest hours, He is still there.  So, just call on Him and have faith to know that He has plans for everything you are going through (Jeremiah 29:11), even if we don't understand.


"Trust in the Lord with all you heart
And do not lean on your own understanding.
In all your ways acknowledge Him,
And He will make your paths straight."

Proverbs 3:5-6



If you feel lost and hopeless this day.  If your faith has been shaken and you want to restore your relationship with Christ, then please pray this prayer.  The Lord loves you and has been waiting for you to turn to Him or to return.  He has never forgotten you, even though at times it seemed that way and He welcomes you with open arms.

Heavenly Father,

Today I confess with my mouth boldly that I am a sinner who has come to realize that I can't do this alone.  I now see that Your mercy and grace is more than sufficient for me.   Thank you for loving me so much that You sent Your only begotten son Jesus Christ to die for my sins.  Save this soul and change this heart of mine.  Guide my steps always.  In Jesus name I pray.  Amen.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Broken Road

Unmasked By Truth

The Path Less Chosen